This SCADA Application Guide represents the latest developments
in Allen-Bradley hardware and software, and includes the most recent
third-party supplier information as it relates to SCADA applications.
Changes incorporated in this document include:
• The updating of the enhanced PLC-5 chapter (Chapter 2),
including new screen captures from RSLogix 5 and messaging
• The restructuring of the SLC 5/03, 5/04 chapter (Chapter 4) to
include the SLC 5/05, new screen captures from RSLogix 500
and messaging details.
• The addition of a MicroLogix chapter, (Chapter 6) which details
the use of MicroLogix controllers in SCADA applications.
• The addition of a Logix5550 chapter, (Chapter 7) which details
the use of the Logix5550 controller in SCADA applications.
• Updated third-party modem documentation (Chapter 8).
• The addition of a RSLinx chapter, which details the configuration
of the RSLinx DF1 Polling Master and DF1 Slave drivers for use
in SCADA applications.
• The addition of an appendix (Appendix E) which provides
detailed examples of messaging ladder logic that is typical to